The USA like other countries, provides one of the greatest opportunities to the wealthy people around the world, to get the USA visa that will potentially lead to the USA green, with a main purpose for boosting their economy. This is referred to as the EB-5 Visa Investment Program or the employment fifth preference immigrant visa. Every year, since 1990, almost 10,000 foreign applicants with their families move as EB-5 visa investors to the United States by investing in different projects.
This program offers people to obtain permanent residence in the United States. Foreign investors invest their money in this program and must create 10 full-time jobs in America. They can invest in their own commercial project, or in commercial projects undertaken by others. There are 2 non-negotiable amounts determined by the USCIS:
- Half million USD dollars ($500,000 USD). The investment project and the 10 full-time jobs required should be created within a TEA (Target Unemployment Area) which is an area with a very high unemployment rate or within a rural area.
- One million USD ($1,000,000 USD). The investment project and the 10 full-time jobs can be located any where within the 50 states.
There are 2 categories of commercial projects undertaken by others:
- Commercial projects undertaken by a Regional Center
- Commercial projects undertaken by private entities. These are also known as “Standalone EB-5 Investment “or “Direct Investment Projects”
However, most of the EB-5 investors choose to invest with a Regional Center option because:
- A Regional Center allows multiple investors to come together with the minimum amount required into a big project.
- Most of the Regional Center projects are real estate related.
- Regional Centers generally offer real estate investment project with the minimum amount required by the USCIS.
The main purpose of this program is to attract foreign investors and create jobs in the United States. That was the criteria for this immigration program for 30 years that is going to change now.
New EB-5 Program Criteria
New regulations are very quickly moving to the USA. According to FY2018 EB-5 visa statistics by immigrant origin, almost 9602 immigrants were reported in 2017. Almost 4,642 immigrants came from China. There were 693 and 585 total number of immigrants came from Vietnam and India respectively.
The United States Department of Homeland Security has made several changes to the EB-5 immigrant investor programs. These changes will get effective on November 21, 2019.
These new rules modernize this program by clarifying the USCIS procedure to remove the condition of permanent residence. They further reform the TEA designations. They increase the required amount of minimum investment. Here are the details of minimum investment requirement:
Increase of the minimum required amount
According to new EB-5 criteria, foreign investors must spend at least $900,000 USD for rural or high-unemployment areas. For non-TEA and rural areas, the minimum amount required is $1.8 million USD.
There are a limited number of people that can avail of this opportunity, which is given to 10,000 foreign investors every year, even though the whole concept of CIP (Citizenship Investment Program) is growing within many countries. So, if more than one ten thousand people apply in one year, you might have to wait based on your priority date. Moreover, it same goes for countries as well meaning that, if more people apply form your country, you might have to wait.
There is so no need to worry because applicants didn’t exceed 10,000 limits so far. However, in the last few years, the demand for EB-5 visas has exceeded the specified limit for China, India, and Vietnam. So, applicants investors from these countries must wait. Those who already have their applications filed with the USCIS, are currently waiting for 16.2 years for Mainland Chinese investors, but investors, 7.1 years for Vietnamese investors 6.7 years for Indian investors, 3 years for South Korean investors, 1.9 months for Taiwanese investors, and 1.4 years for Brazilian Investors. For the other citizenship’s investors, the process of obtaining the USA Green Card is faster.
Some Pros and CONs of EB-5 Green Card
- EB-5 program has some conditions that need to be fulfilled. First and foremost, they expire within two years. You must hire the required number of full-time workers in USA. You must show a hiring chart that your business or the company you invested in has the potential capacity/ability to fulfill those criteria. If you don’t meet with these criteria in two years, the result will be the cancellation of your green card.
- It is up to you to choose a business to invest in anywhere in the USA. However, to receive an unconditional permanent green card, you must maintain your investment. Furthermore, you must remain active and keep showing your engagement with the company you invest in.
- The USCIS rejects a few applications in this category. There are different reasons for rejections. Some applications get rejected due to narrow eligibility requirements. Plus, some application gets rejected due to the history of fraud and misuse.
- After receiving your permanent unconditional green card, now it’s your choice to join another company or not work at all.
- Your spouse and under 21 unmarried children can get conditional and then a green card for being your accompanying relatives.
- After receiving green cards, still, you might become deportable. For example, if you commit a crime, or live outside the United States, authorities can deport you. However, after receiving a green card, if you live continuously in the USA for 5 years, you can apply for citizenship.
Are you Eligible for a Green Card through Investment?
There are two possible ways to get an EB-5 visa investment card.
- Investing in the regional center
The most prominent way to get an EB-5 visa is to invest in a regional center. Regional centers are organizations that run businesses and create job opportunities. Most of the investors consider it the most attractive way to get a visa. In this way, they don’t need to start their own business. Moreover, the investment amount is quite low.
- Starting your own business
Another way to get an EB-5 visa by direct investment in your own business. So, in this case, you will have to invest at least $1.8 million USD (November 21, 2019). You can start a new business, expand or restructure of the existing one.
- Investing directly into an existing USA based company also called Direct investment projects or Standalone EB-5
This EB-5 visa investment process is the most preferred Visa investment process by the USCIS because, it’s based on the principle of 1 foreign investor for 1 USA based company, which makes it transparent, easy to follow, therefore results into a fast processing, fast delivery time. Usually, direct investment projects foreign investors, get their green card application filed after 12 to 18 months.
My Dental Wig provides you a real peace of mind direct investment project opportunity. This is the easiest and fastest way to get an EB-5 visa. My Dental Wig company and its experienced EB-5 team handle everything. Because their business model is very transparent, you have 100% control of how your money is managed in real time.
My Dental Wig guaranties to fulfill the 10 full-time jobs in the United States required in 18 months. Therefore, you will be eligible to apply for the permanent green card after 12 to 18 months. 5 years later, you can apply for US citizenship.
- The American Dream exists only in USA. Therefore, it’s worth paying taxes in America
Many people don’t know how this EB-5 Visa investment exactly works in the United States. So even after getting green cards, their acts go against the U.S laws and regulations. Then the authorities might consider cancelling their green card.
My Dental Wig is a great platform that provides customized coaching to its EB-5 investors and their families. The USA is not like other countries. There is no other country in the world that claims and delivers the “American Dream”. We will coach you and your families about the DO and the DON’T. Some companies out there advertise that they will help you with back-up plans on how to avoid paying taxes. DO NOT do business with them. Bill Gates is the richest man in the world, he is American, he pays his taxes and still the richest man in the world. Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon is American. He pays his taxes, and still the #2 richest man in the world. Our experienced team will properly guide you on all matters.
Final Words: what do you lose if you don’t invest with My Dental Wig?
- Peace of mind
- Control over your investment
- High-end coaching included within your investment
- Shortest EB-5 Visa processing time
- Possibility to own 4 Franchise businesses in USA
- Possibility to own a dental business in USA within a dental degree
- Possibility to become Famous
In conclusion, first invest with My Dental Wig as an EB-5 direct investor project, after 12 to 18 months, when you get your green card, you have the freedom, the knowledge, and all the benefits of full rights that come with the green card, to use your money to make more money.
What Regional Centers don’t tell you:
- Investing as an EB-5 investor with multiple others is what make the green card application time so long.
- Buying a real estate in USA as a permanent resident provides you with more legal benefits and advantages than buying it as a foreign person.